Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, or watch a video about, The Lorax
- discuss and answer questions about The Lorax
- decide what is helpful or harmful to Earth
- go on a Lorax Nature Walk
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video consider asking the following…
- What do you think the story is about?
- Do you think the Lorax is a hero or a villain?
- Do you think trees are important? Why?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book “The Lorax” read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Think About It – People and Animals
Once you have finished reading the story / watching the video print the document located at the link below.
CLICK TO VIEW THE LORAX WORKSHEET
Outdoor Activity – Lorax Nature Walk
Time for some outdoor fun!
Get moving and grooving to the letter D song!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to go outside. Remember to maintain your “social distance” from others!
Walk around the neighbourhood. See if you can find everything on this nature walk hunt.
Here are some discussion starters to make connections with the Lorax.
- How are the trees in your neighbourhood different from Truffula Trees?
- Can you spot an animal?
- What can you do to help Nature? (e.g., pick up litter off the ground)
Print the following document and follow the instructions.