Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, watch a video about, The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- brainstorm a new adventure for Peter Rabbit
- colour your own Peter Rabbit and a background
- write about your own garden
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video consider asking the following…
- What do you think the story is about?
- Do you think the story will be make-believe? Tell me more.
- Were you surprised when Mr. McGregor chased Peter?
- What happened next?
- What did Peter do when he could not get back home?
- Peter did something naughty; what was it?
- Can you name Peter’s brothers and sisters?
- What do you think Peter will do next time he goes off with Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton-Tail?
- What was your favourite part of the story?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book “The Tale of Peter Rabit” read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Brainstorm a Peter Rabbit Adventure
Time to put on your thinking cap! Once you have finished reading the story / watching the video brainstorm with your child another tale about Peter the Rabbit. Take turns adding to the story.
Step 3: Peter Rabit Colouring Fun
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself!
Next, onto colouring! Print off the colouring document located at the link below.
CLICK TO VIEW PETER RABBIT COLOURING PAGE
Work with your child to complete the activity. Where is Peter Rabbit? Add a background.
Step 4: Writing About Your Own Garden
Time to imagine you have your own garden! What kind of garden would you plant? Draw a picture and write about it.
Print off the document below.
CLICK TO VIEW GARDEN WRITING PAGE