Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, watch a video about, The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
- write a reading response
- colour your own rainbow fish
- play a game of GO FISH!
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before watching the video, consider asking the following…
- Look at the cover page. What do you think the story will be about?
- Do you think the Rainbow Fish is kind or unkind? What are the clues?
- Have you ever had something that someone else wanted? How did that feel?
During the video, consider asking the following…
- How does Rainbow Fish feel about sharing? What do you think he should do?
Once you have finished watching the video, consider asking your child these discussion starters.
- How is the Rainbow Fish different from the other fish?
- How did the Rainbow Fish finally make friends?
- Why did the Rainbow Fish go see the octopus?
- What was your favourite part of the story?
Step 1: Video
If you have the book Rainbow Fish, read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: Reading Response- What is your favourite part of the story?
Next, print the following page and have your child draw their favourite part of the story. Guide your child in writing a sentence about their picture.
Step 3: Art and Creativity
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself
Next, onto colouring your own rainbow fish! Where is your rainbow fish? Colour in a background.
Step 4: Card game of Go Fish!
At the end of the day, play a fun of card game of Go Fish!
Check out the link below to find out how to play.