Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, watch a video about, Mice Twice by Joseph Low
- design and write about a healthy meal for an animal friend
- do some animal yoga
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video consider asking the following…
- Look at the picture on the cover. What do you think the story will be about?
- What do you think the title means?
- Why do you think cats and mice are enemies?
- What is the moral (lesson) of the story?
- Who was the most clever character in the story? Explain your thinking.
- Did you like the ending of the story? Tell me more.
- Do you think friends are important? Explain.
- Cat had a craving to eat something. What kind of foods do you like to eat?
- If you could invite your favourite animal for dinner, what animal would you invite? Why
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book “Mice Twice” read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: A Healthy Meal For An Animal Friend
Next, onto creating a poster to show a healthy meal you would serve to an animal friend. Which animal would you like to invite over? What will you serve? Cut out some pictures and paste them onto the plate.
Work with your child to complete the activity. Print the document below.
CLICK TO VIEW A HEALTHY MEAL WORKSHEET
Step 3: Animal Yoga
Time for some animal yoga fun!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to do some animal yoga.
Just click on the link below and follow along with the video.