Today, we’re going to…
- bake some yummy oatmeal cookies
- make a treasure hunt for your family to follow
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before making the cookies, consider asking the following…
- What do we need to make these cookies? Do we have all the equipment and ingredients?
- What things do we need to be careful of when using the oven?
After baking the cookies, consider asking the following…
- How did the cookies turn out? Are you happy with the results?
- Would you make these cookies again?
- If you made these cookies again, would you do anything differently? Explain.
Step 1: Bake Oatmeal Cookies
Print off and follow the Easy Oatmeal Cookies recipe.
The recipe can be found at the link below.
Step 2: Treasure Hunt with Clues
Time to make a treasure hunt! Create a treasure hunt to follow in your home. What is the treasure going to be? Write out the instructions, to make a treasure hunt for your family to follow! Make sure the clues are easy to follow- but not too easy! As an added challenge, make up each clue for the treasure hunt in the form of a riddle.
Step 3: Writing – Make An Advertisement
Next, create an advertisement poster for the treasure hunt. Think about the message in your advertisement- how will you persuade people to come and participate? Have fun! You can use paper and art supplies or a computer program.