Today, we’re going to…
- watch a video and make a mini lava lamp
- answer questions about your experiment
- make lots of funny faces
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before watching the video, consider asking the following…
- What do you think the video is about?
- Do you think we will be using real lava for this activity? Explain.
After watching the video, consider asking the following…
- What did you notice when the person poured in the baking soda mixture?
Step 1: Video – Lava Lamp
You will make a mini lava lamp with a few simple ingredients from your kitchen.
View the video below.
Step 2: Questions for After Watching
Once you have finished watching the video, print the document located at the link below and answer the questions.
The answers to the questions can be found at the link below. You may print these answers off and use them as a reference, or check your answers here.
Step 3: Make Your Own Lava Lamp
Have fun making your own lava lamp by getting the instructions by downloading the link below.
Step 3: Draw Lots of Different Faces
Print the following page. Then follow the instructions to draw lots of faces. Be creative!