Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, or watch a video about, Carla’s Sandwich by Debbie Herman
- answer the questions about the story
- write an explanation for how to do something
- do a word search about Carla’s Sandwich
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
- Does everyone like the same foods? Tell me about the foods you like.
- Do you like to try new food? Tell why or why not.
- Why does Buster decide to try the sandwich?
- Why didn’t anyone want to sit next to Carla?
- Tell about a time when you tried something new and were pleasantly surprised, like Buster.
- Make up your own unique sandwich and describe it.
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book Carla’s Sandwich, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 2: Write an Explanation
Have your child think of a unique sandwich and write about how to make it.
The explanation document can be found at the link below.
Encourage your child to try a new food each day for a week, or even longer! What do they like? Have your child help prepare a meal.
Step 3: Word Search
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself 🙂
Your child will work on a word search puzzle about Carla’s Sandwich.
The word search document can be found at the link below.