Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, or watch a video about, Clark the Shark
- complete a word search
- learn how to draw a picture of a shark
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video consider asking the following…
- Look at the cover of the book. What do you think the story will be about?
- Can you name a word that rhymes with your name?
- What is a rule you need to follow at home or at school? Why?
- What does the saying, “Stay Cool” mean in the story?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book “Clark the Shark” read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: Word Search
Next, print the following word search page and work with your child complete it.
Step 3: Shark Drawing Fun
Time for some outdoor fun!
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should be very proud of yourself. 🙂
Next, learn how to draw a shark step by step. Grab some paper and colouring pencils, and have a great time drawing a shark. Don’t forget to add details to your picture and to take your time!
Print off the how to draw page located at the link below.
Consider hanging the completed art on the fridge or another special spot afterwards as a way to recognize your child for their fantastic effort and imagination!