Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, or watch a video about, Clark the Shark
- learn how to draw a picture of a shark
- complete a word search
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video consider asking the following…
- Look at the cover of the book. What do you think the story will be about?
- What is a rule you need to follow at home or at school? Why?
- What does the saying, “Stay Cool” mean in the story?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book “Clark the Shark” read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: Post Reading Discussion Starters
- How does Clark show he is a good friend to his new classmate
- What does this story remind you of?
- What was your favourite part of the story?
In the story, Clark makes a rhyme to help him remember every time. Can you make up a rhyme to help you stay in control of your behaviour? Give it a try! What other rhymes can you make up?
Step 3: Word Search
Next, print the following word search page and work with your child to complete it.
Step 4: Exercise, Rhyme and Freeze
Time for some exercise and rhyming fun! Watch the video and exercise, rhyme and freeze!
When you hear two words that rhyme, exercise! When you hear two words that don’t rhyme freeze!
Click on the link below to watch the video.