Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, or watch a video about, When a Dragon Moves In
- answer the questions about the story
- dance to the letter d song
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video, consider asking the following…
- What do you think the story is about?
- In this story, a dragon moves into a boy’s sandcastle. What do you think the dragon is going to do?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book When a Dragon Moves In read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: Post Reading Questions
Once you have finished reading the story / watching the video, print the document located at the link below and work through the questions with your child.
Be sure to offer your child ample opportunities to share with you their answers. Encourage your child to answer using full sentences when speaking.
Step 3: Letter D Sing and Dance
Get moving and grooving to the letter D song!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to move around. Watch and dance to the catchy song for the letter D.
Click on the link to watch the video.