Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, or watch a video about, When a Dragon Moves In
- answer the questions about the story
- dance to the letter d song
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video, consider asking the following…
- What do you think the story is about?
- In this story, a dragon moves into a boy’s sandcastle. What do you think the dragon is going to do?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book When a Dragon Moves In read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: Post Reading Questions
Once you have finished reading the story / watching the video, print the document located at the link below and work through the questions with your child.
When a Dragon Moves In Questions
Be sure to offer your child ample opportunities to share with you their answers. Encourage your child to answer using full sentences when speaking.
Step 3: Letter D Sing and Dance
Get moving and grooving to the letter D song!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to move around. Watch and dance to the catchy song for the letter D.
Click on the link to watch the video.