Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, or watch a video about, When a Dragon Moves In
- answer the questions about the story
- watch a video to learn how to draw a picture of a dragon
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video consider asking the following…
- What do you think the story is about?
- In this story, a dragon moves into a boy’s sandcastle. What do you think the dragon is going to do?
- Do you think the dragon is going to be naughty or polite?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book “When a Dragon Moves In” read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: Reading Comprehension Activity
Once you have finished reading the story / watching the video, print the document located at the link below and work through the questions with your child.
CLICK TO VIEW READING QUESTIONS
Step 3: Video on How to Draw a Dragon
Next, ready for some drawing fun? Find some paper and something to draw with. Learn to draw a dragon by following the steps in this video located at the link below.
Consider hanging the completed page on the fridge or another special spot afterwards as a way to recognize your child for their fantastic effort and imagination!