Today, we’re going to…
- read aloud, watch a video about, Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
- colour and add a background for the Library Lion
- watch a video about lions and write out some facts
- share a lion joke
Talking Points for Parents / Caregivers
Before reading/watching the video consider asking the following…
- What do you think the story is about?
- Do you think the story will be make-believe? Tell me more.
- What do you think you know about Lions?
- What are some rules for visiting a library?
- Who is the main character in the story?
- Why do you think the Lion came early each day?
- Where do you think the Lion came from?
- What was your favourite part of the story?
- What do you think happened the next when the story ended?
Step 1: Reading / Video
If you have the book “Library Lion” read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 2: Learn Real Lions
Now, its time to learn about real lions. Check about the video below and learn all about lions.
Print off the document below and complete a non-fiction report.
Step 3: Where is Library Lion?
Great progress today! Next, onto colouring! Print off the colouring document located at the link below.
Work with your child to complete the activity. Where is the lion? Add a background.
Step 4: Joke
Here is a funny joke to share with the rest of the family.
Q. Why did the lion lose at Go Fish?
A. Because he was playing against a cheetah.